Divyanka Tripathi shot to fame after playing Dr Ishita in the hit Indian TV show Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. With the success that came with the portrayal of that character, she soon became what desi audiences considered a perfect bahu, wife and mother. With her increasing popularity, Divyanka’s fan base began to grow stronger and stronger; and what’s more, she was one of the few stars that actually took a lot of time out to engage with her followers and frequently gave them a sneak-peek into her daily life via social media.
While most crazy fans might claim they know the actress inside out, today, on Divyanka’s birthday, we dug up some revelations the actress made in the past, which somehow never made it to the limelight. Two years ago, Divyanka, along with her husband Vivek Dahiya, shot for Rajeev Khandelwal’s chat show called JuzzBaatt. During this time, the couple went on to speak at length about their TV career, relationship, and more. Here are some of the most surprising things she said…
1. Divyanka’s mom revealed that she was a complete tomboy and wanted to become an army officer. In fact, acting was never on her list. To work towards her dream, the actress even took rifle shooting lessons.
2. When Rajeev asked her about her breakup with actor Sharad Malhotra, she said it was a life lesson for future relationships. Elaborating on it, Divyanka said she tried everything possible to save the relationship. Initially, she couldn’t accept the fact that they were parting ways after eight long years. At one point, she even became superstitious and went to people asking if someone has done black magic on him.
3. After she and Sharad separated, Divyanka suffered a fracture. In recovering from it, she also recovered from the heartbreak. She said if it hadn’t been this accident, she wouldn’t have been able to cope with the heartache.
4. Her sister-in-law Ria revealed that her bhabhi is a cleanliness freak. No matter how hectic her day at work is, as soon as she returns home, the first thing she has to do is arrange the entire space.
5. Talking about the first time she met Vivek’s parents, the Yeh Hai Mohabbatein star said it wasn’t a casual meeting, but an hour-and-a-half long interrogation. She was bombarded with questions and, in the end, Vivek’s mom asked her if she was acting during the conversation!
Lead Image credit: Instagram @divyankatripathidahiya