New Melbourne apartment block forced into lockdown

New Melbourne apartment block forced into lockdown
Share This :


Victoria has recorded three new local coronavirus cases overnight, all linked to the current outbreak and in quarantine throughout their infectious period.

Today’s numbers follow a second Melbourne apartment complex forced into lockdown yesterday after a person infected with coronavirus visited the site.

The Balmoral apartments in Hawthorn are now considered a high-risk exposure site with some residents at the location told they must isolate at home for the next two weeks.

The nearby suburb of Camberwell is also on high alert after coronavirus particles were detected in wastewater.

Health authorities announced six new local infections in Victoria yesterday, in addition to a seventh mystery case in a traffic controller who worked at the Moonee Valley drive-through testing clinic.

Health Minister Martin Foley said the six cases included four students at Bacchus Marsh Grammar and two household contacts of the case at LaCrosse Apartments in Docklands.

Contact tracers have now linked the seventh mystery case back to the state’s current outbreak however it is still unclear how the unvaccinated man caught the virus.

He worked for two days while infectious at the Tier Three exposure site on July 25 and 26, between 7.20am and 6pm.

, New Melbourne apartment block forced into lockdown,
Melbourne’s Balmoral apartment complex. (Today)

Mr Foley said the other six cases were in quarantine throughout their infectious period.

Another case was confirmed overnight which will be included in today’s figures.

Testing is also underway at a Newport apartment after the infected traffic controller visited his partner at the complex while infectious.

Acting COVID-19 Response Commander Naomi Bromley said yesterday the traffic controller’s household and social contacts had already returned negative test results.



Source link

Share This :