Tourists near Gateway of India (File photo)
NEW DELHI: In view of a surge in Covid cases, several places in Maharashtra including Mumbai and Yavatmal will come under stricter regulations.
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Commissioner IS Chahal listed out the fresh guidelines to be observed within the city.
Here are the new BMC guidelines for Mumbai:
* If 5 or more Covid patients are found in a building, it will be sealed.
* Stamps will be put on back of the hands of the patients staying in home quarantine.
* 300 marshals will be hired to keep an eye on people traveling in local trains without face mask.
* Additional marshals will be hired to keep an eye on violators in Mumbai
* Wedding halls, clubs, and restaurants etc will be raided to check if they are flouting rules
* People returning from Brazil will have to undergo mandatory institutional quarantine
* Tests will be increased in areas where more patients are found
Yavatmal comes under stricter restrictions
* Restrictions are also being put in place in Yavatmal district due to rising cases. However it is not a lockdown, district collector MD Singh clarified.
* Schools & colleges to remain closed till Feb 28
* Restaurants, function halls to operate and marriage ceremonies to be held with less than 50% capacity
* Assembly of 5 or more people not allowed
Maharashtra reported 5,427 new cases, 2,543 discharges, and 38 deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the state health department.
(With inputs from ANI)