Indian, Chinese soldiers clash at Sikkim’s Naku La, several injured

Indian, Chinese soldiers clash at Sikkim’s Naku La, several injured
Share This :



Indian and Chinese soldiers clashed at Naku La in North last week with many injuries reported, said a government source. The situation is said to be under control though as of now.


Naku La, incidentally, was one of the original face-off sites, along with Pangong Tso, Galwan, Gogra, Hot Springs, in early-May last year.



The government source said the clash took place three days ago. It happened while both the countries’ government and military were readying for another round of talks to resolve border dispute along the 3,488 kilometre-long Line of Actual Control.


On Sunday, India and China held a 16-hour long marathon military dialogue that eneded at after 2 a.m. on Monday to resolve the ongoing nineth month long border dispute and thinning of forces along the LAC.


The ninth Corps Commander level talks between both the countries took place at the Moldo Meeting point in Ladakh region. It had started at 10.30 a.m. on Sunday and ended at 2.30 a.m. on Monday.


Lieutenant General P.G.K. Menon, the Corps Commander of Leh-based HQ 14 Corps, led the Indian delegation. India has sought complete disengagement and withdrawal of forces from the disputed areas.


It happened after almost two months after the last dialogue.


The details of the meeting were yet to come. The military commanders will convey the details of the meeting to the Prime Minister Office.


On June 15, 2020, India lost 20 soldiers during a violent clash at Galwan Valley with Chinese People’s Liberation Army soldiers. Chinese never made their casualty public.


India and China are engaged in a nine-month-long standoff at the LAC. Despite several levels of dialogue, there has not been any breakthrough and the deadlock continues

, Indian, Chinese soldiers clash at Sikkim’s Naku La, several injured, Dear Reader,

Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.

We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor





Source link

Share This :