Calgary firefighters rescue dog from Dover house fire

Calgary firefighters rescue dog from Dover house fire
Share This :



, Calgary firefighters rescue dog from Dover house fire,

The Calgary Fire Department says a dog was rescued from a house fire in the community of Dover on Thursday.

Firefighters were called to Dovercrest Way Southeast just after 7 a.m. and arrived to find thick smoke coming from the front door of the home.

One person who was in the basement of the house when the fire started was able to get out safely before crews arrived, the CFD said.

Read more:
Residents displaced after fire causes significant damage to northeast Calgary home

The CFD said the home did have a working smoke alarm, which alerted the resident to the fire.

While searching the home, the CFD said crews found and rescued a dog which was taken in by a neighbour to keep warm and safe.

Story continues below advertisement

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the blaze which the fire department said was kept to the main floor. The house did, however, suffer smoke damage throughout.




© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.





Source link

Share This :